Saturday, October 4, 2014

Arise from the ashes, Jedi-Mouse. It's time to talk again. My left big toe doesn't bend anymore due to having been broken twice from surfing incidents. It's only a minor pain but it's a constant reminder of a past life. I went to a transgender support event today and lasted twenty minutes before I had to leave out of boredom, frustration, disgust and a heaping pile of self-hatred. I went to support a friend who is a comedienne and was scheduled to perform but I couldn't last until her slotted set. I sat through an unbearably trivial dissertation by various tran-men prose which left me depressed beyond measure. That's too many "I"s so let's get to the matter. Walking home in the rain, realizing yes, I was tripping on a mushroom cap because I thought it would put me in a better place to endure the distaste I was about to feel but it had the opposite effect making me feel by the power of ten the self-hatred I have for being transgender. It's a hard thing to admit but long overdue. It took several snifters of bourbon and four episodes of "House" before I could even start writing. Not all of me has survived transition. The warrior mouse lives on as well as the artist, the musician, the jester . . . but the person is broken. Now "she", she is terrified, alone and self-destructive. Too many regrets, too many losses. Land locked and drying out like a beached dogfish. I can't smell the ocean anymore. I can't find the me that was suppose to be there. What a freakish thing to live a fifty year lie, to be an actor and watching life play out through false eyes. "What a world, what a world" was the cry as the life of fifty years of experience that equaled ten ordinary lives dissolved into a pool of water. "Where are my tits!" cries Myra Breckinridge waking up from surgery . . . All my references are ancient by today's trans standards. I won't be on the cover of Time. Amazon won't be showing a series of my life, however similar to today's version. My life is over. What's left is a remnant, a ghost of a life that had so much potential in it that it can carry on without the person in it. I'll play that out, whatever is left, until it too dissolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment